Maynooth BNS is an all-boys Catholic Primary school, with a strong focus on social, emotional and holistic development of our pupils. We currently cater for close to 600 pupils. We have 3 classes at each level from Junior Infants right through to 6th Class and in our new school we will be opening “Croí na Coille” – our two new ASD classrooms.
Our school motto “Mol an Óige agus Tiocfaidh Sí! (praise the young and they will flourish) underpins all that we do here in St. Mary’s BNS. Encouraging all aspects of learning is at the heart of our school activities. We aim to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and recognised.
We have a teaching staff of over 30 teachers This includes our principal, the class teachers and a number of Special Education Teachers. We are very lucky to have a large team of SNA’s in the school along with Dominic our caretaker and our cleaning staff. At our school reception you will find Kim and Elaine, our two school secretaries.
The mission of Maynooth BNS, in partnership with their teachers and Parents / Guardians, is to educate our pupils to their fullest potential, in an environment where Christian values are fostered and where they are happy, safe, respect themselves and others and where each child feels equal.
We achieve this for our pupils by:
- encouraging them to develop their talents and self-confidence while retaining their individuality by means of the curriculum and extra curricular activities.
- providing support for them at all times.
- making them conscious and proud of our Christian values and Irish heritage.
- making them aware that we are living in a changing world and helping them to respect other cultures and religious beliefs.
- developing their social and communication skills.
- developing their civic spirit through honesty and openness and by being made aware of the needs of others.
- maintaining a healthy respect for the environment.
St. Mary’s BNS is a Catholic School (which is established in connection with the Minister) and aims at promoting the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the person of the pupil: intellectual, physical, cultural, moral and spiritual, including a living relationship with God and with other people. The school models and promotes a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Catholic school provides Religious education for the pupils in accordance with the doctrines, practices and tradition of the Roman Catholic Church and promotes the formation of the pupils in the Catholic Faith.